Thursday, December 22, 2016

Pinckard Harley Davidson

I found a surprise in the mailbox today! Lurker Tom, you are the coolest! Regular readers may have noticed I have a pretty serious obsession with documenting past Albuquerque motorcycle shops and dealerships. Needless to say I was super stoked to find this postcard!
I don't know a lot about the Pinckards. Tom, if you know more feel free to chime in. Would this have been Albuquerque Harley-Davdison? I believe Wayne Pinckard was a pretty successful local flat track racer.

Chick Hancock (Chicks Harley Davidson) bought out Jake Alcon (Alcon Harley Davidson) in 1985. I believe Alcon opened in 1968. Alcon bought out Al Simonson (Simonson Cycles). I don't know when Simonson took on Harley Davidson. Were would this have fit in? Was there ever more than one HD dealer active in Albuquerque at the same time?

Thanks again Tom. You made my day!

No comments:

})();